Last updated: 19/03/2021
JCards is the data controller and processor of the personal information we collect about you on this website and JCards program/app.
1. What Personal Information Does JCards Collect?
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (through account or partnership registration, completing forms, contacting us, or using our products and services) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as marketing partners, referral partners or from marketing organisations).
This information may include your name, your company's name, date of birth, address, location, telephone numbers, credit card, bank account, and/or financial details, information on how you use our products and services (such as your video views history, help conversations, and browsing activity when visiting one of our websites), references, opinions and/or lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services.
When you visit one of our websites, JCards' Internet Service Provider may make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address;
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc);
- Browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behavior such as the date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you accessed and the documents downloaded;
- The type of browser you are using.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties. This collected information is used to provide an overview of how you are accessing and using the JCards website and app to allow us to make automated decisions on how to best serve your needs as well as providing requested services.
When you use the JCards Mobile Job Clock > Clock On feature/application we collect information about your GPS location data and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. For the avoidance of doubt, location data is only collected when the JCards Mobile Clock On feature is in use.
In addition, by using the JCards Mobile Application you may be asked for permission to access data on your mobile device, such as photos. We will only access this data with your consent. Please note that some functions of the JCards Mobile Application are only available if you allow access to requested content.
If you use our website to create an account, we will only collect the information you provide as part of that process if you complete and submit the application or register an account with us.
If you log out of our website or cancel your application or account before submitting it, the information you had entered will be automatically deleted.
2. What Personal Information Does JCards Collect?
When you connect to JCards's websites, including www.jcards.com.au and JCards's cloud service, you are generally able to do so anonymously. Your browser, however, automatically tells us information like your IP address and the type of computer and operating system you are using. If you are using the JCards web service platform, personal information may be transmitted between your computer and JCards's web services platform in order to provide you with the services you have requested. Services provided to you may include, but are not limited to, location mapping, data archival, data transmission, synchronization and data viewing.
In some of our emails to you, we use a "click-through URL." When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click-throughs to help us determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications
3. How we use your Information?
We use your personal information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
- Personalising your experience on our Sites by presenting information tailored to you;
- Process payments;
- Communicate with you about your experience;
- Collect feedback regarding your experience;
- Sending you marketing communications in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties;
- Operate our Platform and provide information on your work activity;
- Maintaining the Security and Safety of the JCards Platform and its Users.
Providing you a secure and safe experience is the cornerstone of the JCards Platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Authenticate users;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from the Platform.
Providing Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Platform;
- Provide you support or respond to you.
Improving the JCards Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues;
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
4. Will JCards Share My Information?
JCards will not sell your information to third parties. All other data collected is not individually identifiable, and is used for internal research purposes. However, there may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- Those who provide products or services to us, or products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our Business Partners, and other suppliers;
- Anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the JCards Software, and our networks and central solution systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
- Anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your information is processed and or stored, which may be in a country other than Australia;
- Persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- Any person or organisation as authorised by the Australian Privacy Act 1993.
5. What Does JCards Do With My Customers' Information?
7. Will JCards Protect My Personal Information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
8. How Does JCards Retain And/Or Store My Information?
We may retain all personal information that we collect (on both our active systems and our archive systems), for as long as is necessary for us to carry out the purposes for which the information was collected (including for the purpose of providing services to you). For registration and account information, this means that the information is likely to be retained for the period of time that we consider your account to be "active". An "inactive" account is where the account is not used for a continuous period of two (2) years.
The location at which we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. JCards will at its discretion use, process, and store your personal information at our premises and/or storage facilities whether in Australia or another country. You hereby consent to this transfer. You further agree that this agreement and any issues relating to privacy matters is governed by the laws of Australia and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Australia and its privacy laws. In the event JCards decides to store the personal information outside of Australia, you still agree to be bound by the provisions of this clause.
9. How Can I Access My Personal Information Held By JCards?
You have the right to know if we hold any personal information about you. You also have the right to access your personal information, if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you with an administration fee.
11. Your Acceptance And Consent
We may in the future contact you to inform you of services and products available from JCards or our partners. If you do not wish to receive these offers you may opt out at any time.
If you decide not to provide the personal information requested when you use, register or open an account on our website, this may result in services or products (including related services offered in conjunction with our websites) not being offered or provided to you.
Please also note that while the JCards website hyperlinks to various other websites, JCards is not responsible for the privacy practice of those websites and/or the reliability of the information published on those websites.
You may contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that JCards has about you.
- Correct any information that JCards has about you.
- Delete any information that JCards has about you.
- If you have any questions regarding this policy or our collection or storage of data, you may contact JCards via email at email@example.com.